Sunday, May 22, 2016

You did this to me

Well high school, congrats, you royally sucked
you were a lot of late nights
a lot of time spent in a plastic chair
a lot of stress over a dumb letter that decides how well I learned stuff
a lot of time spent writing and reading things that don't really matter much
you also were a lot of fun
you gave me a lot of great people
you showed me how to be social
how to use the quadratic equation
you gave me friday nights at the football stadium
you gave me my very best friends, and I thank you for that
unfortunately you also turned me into into something I'm not.
Something I was never meant to be,
something I wish I never became
you made me care too much about where I sat at lunch,
you made me care too much about what I did on the weekends,
about who I was friends with,
about who I wasn't friends with,
about what I wore,
about who I liked, and who I didn't
You made me care too much about becoming something everyone else would like.
Becoming something that I know I can be so much more than.
You made me base way too much of my self esteem on followers, likes, comments, and fake friends,
and for that I say, cuss you.
you gave a little and took a lot,
but you are insignificant now,
and I get to live the rest of my life without you now,
so thanks for everything, you taught me a lot
I hope I never see you again.
And I'm not exactly sure what happens next, but the world is ours now,
It's what we make of it.
Deuces.

1 comment: