Sunday, May 15, 2016

Remember when

I remember when my parents told me we were moving, my dad was wearing his red sweats with no shirt on his swivel chair. I had never cried so hard.


I remember taking 95 hamburgers to homeless people and the genuine smiles they gave. I remember the disappointment in the hundreds of others that didn't get any.

I remember the best summer of my life. Only because of how carefree it was, we didn't actually do anything that great even.

I remember the long summer days in Texas, my best friend was my mom and we hung out every friday night together.

I remember going to Ridley's every friday night 8th grade to get all the doughnuts we could fit in a box and playing video games the rest of the night. Far before girls mattered.

I remember spending every weekend with my old best friend. I remember the marie callenders chicken pot pies that took 44 minutes to cook at 425 and burned my tongue every time.

I remember the hispanic guy that tried to kidnap me in the harts parking lot. I remember hearing them trying to keep some other less fortunate kid in the car when one guy got out. I'm lucky.

I remember waking up with all my little brothers jumping on me every christmas morning. We always sleep in my room.

I remember when my uncle Jake died. To this day I have never cried harder than the day I found out. It was a cold morning, February 23, 2010

I remember my first sneak out. The adrenaline was pumping through every vein in my body, it was a cold night in december.

I remember my last sneak out. My mom was there standing in the snow waiting for me. That was arguably the worst feeling in the world.

I remember thinking that I would never make it to graduation; yet here I am, just begging time to slow down so I can savor the last time I have here, and I know it sounds crazy, but yes, I will miss high school.





1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic.

    The details bring these memories to life, like I was there with you.

    Very serious, and then the gifs at the end. LOL.

    ReplyDelete