Sunday, April 24, 2016

mushy gushy follow your heart

This might be mushy and maybe even a little bit gushy, but that's just how hearts go, so I'm sorry.
Our hearts speak to us and tell us to do things that will make us happy
they tell us to follow them and not the brain,
they say the brain never did anything but math and visual processing
that nothing good ever came from being complacent
so what do we do?
we take its hand and follow it into the unknown
hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
I recently followed my heart
it told me to kiss my best friends younger sister
it told me it would make me happy,
and it did
I'm arguably the happiest I've ever been,
scratch that,
I am
and I know that I could never gotten here following my brain
and I have absolutely no clue what comes next,
but that's half the fun
I guess that's just how following your heart goes now doesn't it


2 comments:

  1. "nothing good ever came from being complacent"
    MM, yeah man. Let's start a revolution.
    But yo, this is good. Follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete